Most homeowners in our area have tank water heaters. For over a century, this has been the most common way to heat the water of a home. The water gets funneled into a tank system that sits in a convenient area of your house while it heats up from an electric coil or a gas burner. Then, this water sits on standby ready for use whenever you need it. It’s safe, effective, and tank water heaters are extremely affordable.
That being said, they’re not the only way to heat your home’s water. In fact, there’s a new type of water heater that homeowners are turning to in droves. Tankless water heaters, or “on-demand” water heaters, represent a new way of thinking about water heating technology that takes energy and fuel efficiency into account.
Our team provides water heater services in Meridian, ID, and we can get you set up with either system. Keep reading to discover which water heating unit is right for your home.
Choosing the Right System
In order to paint a better picture of which system might be right for you, it’s important to think about what you value in a hot water heater. Do you just want the most affordable system on the market so you can get on with your life? Or do you want to invest in a high efficiency system that saves water, energy, and is a more environmentally friendly choice?
These are the elements that we’ll be focusing on today. Once you’ve got a clear picture of how your water should be heated and what you value about a water heater, then we can help with the installation and maintenance.
Tankless Water Heaters
Let’s start off with the newer of the two systems. Tankless water heaters superheat the water as it enters your home through the main water line right when you pull on the handle of your shower or faucet. There’s no hot water tank and there’s no need to worry about running out of hot water since the water gets heated as it goes through your plumbing system!
- High-efficiency. Tankless water heaters are more efficient than tank systems. They don’t need to keep water warm while you’re not home or while you’re not using any appliances.
- Eco-friendly with no standby heat loss. Eventually, the energy used to keep a tank water heater warm will be wasted if it’s not used multiple times per day. This is called standby heat loss, and it’s nonexistant with a tankless water heater.
- Unlimited hot water. Like we said before, the hot water that comes from a tankless system doesn’t run out, so you can take advantage of a longer shower in the wintertime.
Tank Water Heaters
Tankless systems aren’t right for every home. Here are a few reasons to stick with a conventional system.
- They’re affordable. Tank water heaters are going to cost less to install than tankless systems.
- They’re effective. They still work exceptionally well for most homes that need hot water.
- They’re still very efficient. Newer tank water heaters are more efficient than older models, and they use better materials that insulate heat.
Call Idaho Heating & Air for a tankless or tank water heater system today. Your Comfort Is Our Priority.