Furnace Filter Replacement, AC Filter Replacement & Air Conditioner Filter ReplacementMeridian, ID, Nampa, ID & Boise, ID
Since 2003, Idaho Heating & Air has provided Meridian, Nampa, & Boise, ID residents with quality air conditioner and furnace filter replacement and installations. We carry all the major HVAC filters on the market today. Our licensed technicians have been trained to perform high quality installations and replacements. You can trust us to provide quality service and friendly customer service.
Need to replace your AC or furnace filter? Call Idaho Heating & Air for immediate service!
Your filter is meant to keep dust and debris out of your HVAC system. Its efficiency will suffer if it’s clogged with accumulated dust, forcing your system to work harder, which will increase your energy bill. The more your system is used, the sooner the unit wears out. Also, a clog will prevent the air flow needed to keep the unit running properly.
When Was the Last Time You Changed Your Air Filter?
Dust accumulation can build up very quickly, making it important to check and change it once a month. This simple task that you can DIY can keep your system running smoothly and trouble-free. A clogged AC or furnace filter can prevent enough air from flowing through properly and cause wear and tear on the parts. This is why cleanliness is such an important aspect of keeping your HVAC system healthy.
4 Easy Steps to Clean or Replace Your HVAC Filter
Changing your AC or furnace filter is one of the simplest things you can do yourself to maintain your AC unit. Just follow these simple steps. If you don’t feel comfortable doing this on your own, call Idaho Heating & Air and one of our knowledgeable technicians can change and show you how to do it yourself.
- Turn off your unit
- Locate and remove the filter
- Clean or replace it
- Insert the new or clean one
The name and size of the filter can be found printed at it’s edge. This information is important towards ensuring you’re using the right one for your system. If you are not sure, ask Idaho Heating & Air to show you the size and other information you will need.
If you want to do more than just keep dust out of your air conditioner, invest in HEPA filters with a MERV rating of 10 or higher. They will improve the indoor air quality in your space by daily cleaning the air of dust, pollen, mold, and other harmful contaminants inside your home.
Are you using disposable or reusable filters? A disposable one usually has a cardboard frame and a paper mesh surface. If it is reusable, it should have a much sturdier and durable metal frame. Check the manufacturer’s instructions for washing the reusable filter.
Making Your Air Filter Change Smoother
Changing your air filter doesn’t have to be a hassle. Here are a few tips to bear in mind when you decide to schedule a replacement or replace it yourself.
- Buy in bulk: Instead of buying one at a time, consider buying filters in bulk. Air filters usually come in cases of 6-12 so buy in bulk to be ready to go any time you need a replacement.
- Use the correct size: Improper size may result in bypass, which occurs when dust and other contaminants sneak around your filter and enter your home.
- Get into a routine: It is easy to forget that your unit needs to be maintained. An easy way to get into a routine of changing your filters regularly is to sign up for regular maintenance. Preventative maintenance saves you money in the long run and ensures your unit is in tip-top condition throughout.
- Take note of all the sizes: Be sure to jot down the dimensions of all the air filters in your home. This is especially critical if you need different sizes for your premises. You’ll also want to note the location of each to save plenty of time as you won’t have to figure out sizes later on.
Keeping these few factors in mind will make replacement a seamless process.
Expert HVAC Filter Replacement
If you don’t feel comfortable attempting a replacement on your own, or if you simply don’t have the time to do it, call Idaho Heating & Air. One of our friendly and knowledgeable technicians will arrive at your home to perform a professional installation or replacement. They will also show you how to do it yourself.